Essential Information for Louisiana Flood Victims
Our heartfelt sympathy goes out to the many residents of Louisiana who were caught off-guard this week when deadly floods ravaged homes and businesses across the state. With Louisiana’s governor reporting that more than 40,000 homes have been affected by this week’s storms, we have compiled some resources that we hope will be helpful to those home and business owners who will soon be faced with the challenge of repairing and rebuilding their damaged properties:
- FEMA Louisiana Severe Storms and Flooding (DR-4277) Declarations
- FEMA Assistance for Louisiana Flood Victims
- Protecting your home during severe weather from FEMA
- Live flood updates from The Weather Channel
- Instructions for using flood insurance and finding an agent from the NFIP
- Water and flooding safety instructions from the FDA
- Requesting assistance and/or shelter, finding loved ones and donation instructions from the American Red Cross
- CDC emergency preparedness and response information
- Louisiana Division of Emergency Management severe weather awareness information and instructions
Despite the fact that, according to FEMA’s website, approximately 452,208 NFIP flood policies were in force across Louisiana in 2016, many families and businesses will be dealing with extensive rebuilding and repairs for months to come and that rebuilding will not come cheaply. According to Luis Esteves, Principle at Adjusters International, the NFIP flood claim filing process can be extremely complicated, requiring an extensive level of detail regarding the scope of loss.
We know that these storms have devastated properties throughout Louisiana and that many residents will be faced with rebuilding their homes and businesses from the ground up. Our public adjusters understand how difficult it can be to recover after tragic natural disasters and are here to help you review your insurance coverage, develop a claim management strategy, and ensure that your Proof of Loss form is completed and filed in a timely manner. Please don’t hesitate to contact us with questions concerning your property insurance claim.
– Luis Esteves, Principle at Adjusters International