Water Damage – Commercial Insurance Claims
With water damages ranking as the second most common property loss under commercial policies and the third most costly on an annual basis, it is easy to see the importance of properly handling your commercial property water damage claim from the outset.
Whether your water damages are to your commercial building’s roofing system, ceilings, walls, flooring, machinery, or equipment, the need to take action is urgent. It is not only your responsibility as a policyholder to mitigate your damages and prevent issues like mold growth, it is also in your best interest as a business to shorten your recovery time. The less time you have to spend dealing with the complexities of your water damage claim and recovering from its impacts, the more time you can spend focused on getting your business quickly back on track.
Tips Regarding Water Damage:
- Take photographs or video to document the full extent of the damage;
- If your loss is extensive, hire a professional experienced in specialty drying and water damage restoration;
- Keep all receipts and create a list of all out-of-pocket expenses you incur; and
- Consider hiring a public adjuster to assist you with the entire commercial water damage claims process.
Our public adjusters can help by:
- Fully reviewing your insurance coverage;
- Determining policy compliance issues;
- Developing a claim management strategy;
- Completing detailed valuations of building, equipment and inventory losses;
- Formulating business interruption models;
- Assembling comprehensive claim presentations with expert reports; and
- Expediting the insurance claims entire process.
Our public adjusters work exclusively for the policyholder—not the insurance company—enabling us to act in your best interest. As your advocate, we ensure that both you and your business’ water damage claim are treated fairly by the insurance company.
Who have we helped?
…Your persistence, knowledge and experience were remarkable in handling our claim with our insurance company. You and your company were very diligent in pursuing the issues dealing with our water damage. Thank you for negotiating a fair and reasonable settlement and responding to all of my questions in a timely manner… You saved me a lot of time, aggravation and money.
Indra Dayaram, General Manager
Best Western – North Richland Hills, Texas
Our insurance claims experts have helped thousands of business owners across all types of industries. We encourage you to look through our references and testimonials and to contact us for recommendation letters. An internal review showed that our clients felt we delivered what we promised and would work with us again—facts we are proud of. We welcome the opportunity to put you in touch with past clients so you can ask them yourself.
Listen to our podcast on “Flood Insurance: Understanding and Recovering From One of Nature’s Worst Disasters” for tips from our experts:
For additional information, visit:
- “10 Things You Can Do To Make Disaster Recovery Go More Smoothly”
- “Four Fast Facts About Flood Claims”
- “What is a Public Adjuster?”