Hail Damage – Commercial Insurance Claims Can be Difficult
As a business owner in Texas and the surrounding states, you won’t be surprised to learn that Texas, Missouri, Kansas, Colorado, and Oklahoma are listed as the top 5 hail loss states in the U.S. Texas itself ranks at the top of the list for average losses each year – and it accounted for greater than 20 percent of total hail loss claims in the past 15 years. So this likely isn’t your first rodeo when it comes to hail loss.
You know that hail damage can be one of the most difficult categories of property damage to detect after an event. The damages are subtle, but serious. Roof, siding, and HVAC damage can be extremely difficult to identify with an untrained eye. Different roof and siding types experience different types of damage, and with commercial buildings with flat roofs in particular, hail damage can be difficult to distinguish, especially with milder hail storm events – but it’s still there. You want proven, experienced professionals on your side to fully identify your damages now, before those dings, cracks, and chips allow water intrusion and structural damage to your commercial property that becomes evident two or three years from now.
Our public adjusters can help by:
- Completing a full evaluation of the extent of your hail damage, including roof, siding, doors and windows, casings, vents, HVAC units, outdoor equipment, fencing, and outbuildings.
- Being a knowledgeable expert to accompany the insurance company’s adjusters when damages are estimated and make sure they account for every item of damage.
- Professionally managing your complete commercial property insurance claim.
- Thoroughly documenting your claim that includes the full scope of your damages, which we present, negotiate, and file with your insurance company on your behalf – taking care of all the details so you can focus on your business.
Our public adjusters work exclusively for the policyholder—not the insurance company—enabling us to act in your best interest. As your advocate, we ensure that both you and your business’ hail damage claim are treated fairly by the insurance company.
Who have we helped?
As a result of your work, our claim went from (the insurance carrier’s) initial assessment of $2,749,525 to an agreed upon amount of $8,232,321. Your professionalism with our carrier was appreciated and your ability to work with the limited information the school district was able to provide you was amazing.” In 2003, Cheryl Johnson once again expressed her gratitude to Adjusters International “I’d like to thank you for your perseverance. Your efforts increased our claim by over $1 million. Thank you for your expertise that brought additional funds into the Dallas Independent School District and has literally saved the taxpayer millions.
Executive Director of Risk Management – Dallas Independent School District
Our insurance claims experts have helped thousands of business owners across all types of industries. We encourage you to look through our references and testimonials and to contact us for recommendation letters. An internal review showed that our clients felt we delivered what we promised and would work with us again—facts we are proud of. We welcome the opportunity to put you in touch with past clients so you can ask them yourself.
Listen to our podcast on “Hail Damage Can Create Difficult Insurance Claims” for tips from our experts:
For additional information, visit:
- “Hail Storm Help for Your Business – How to Make Your Hail Claim Stick”
- “What is a Public Adjuster?”
- “What is the Cosmetic Exclusion in Wind and Hail Coverage and How Does it Affect Your Insurance Claims?”