Fire Damage – Commercial Property Insurance Claims Help
Fire is the #1 most costly property insurance claim that small businesses will likely experience, according to Insurance Journal. Fires cause more than $2 billion in direct damage to commercial and industrial properties each year, and that doesn’t include business interruption costs.
Why is fire so costly? These losses quickly become complicated by damages to structures and equipment from not only the fire itself, but the smoke, residue, and chemicals that may be released during the fire. The water and chemicals used to extinguish the fire can cause their own damages, and extensive water damage can lead to mold growth. Damaged buildings can allow in the elements and invite theft and vandalism.
Our public adjusters can help by:
- Fully reviewing your insurance coverage;
- Determining policy compliance issues;
- Developing a claim management strategy;
- Completing detailed valuations of building, equipment and inventory losses;
- Formulating business interruption models;
- Assembling comprehensive claim presentations with expert reports; and
- Expediting the insurance claims entire process.
Our public adjusters work exclusively for the policyholder—not the insurance company—enabling us to act in your best interest. As your advocate, we ensure that both you and your business’ fire damage claim are treated fairly by the insurance company.
Steps to Take After a Fire:
- Take photos of all damaged structures, equipment, and inventory to thoroughly document the extent of the damage;
- Take steps to mitigate further damages;
- Compile a thorough and detailed list of all lost/damaged items;
- Communicate clearly and proactively with the insurance company regarding your needs and requirements for alternate business locations and extra expenses during the rebuilding process;
- Maintain complete records of all out-of-pocket expenses incurred as part of the restoration and recovery of your business.
The professional public adjusters at Adjusters International are here to handle the details of your commercial property insurance claim while you focus on managing and recovering your business.
Who have we helped?
From the day of the fire through the final settlement offer, you have conducted yourself professionally and done an excellent job in representing us in the settlement of what turned out to be a more complex process than it should have been. You have not only provided professional services in determining the fair estimate of the loss, but you have provided me with invaluable counsel in how to deal with circumstances I could not have anticipated.
Kevin J. Barry
Guadalupe Arts Center
Our insurance claims experts have helped thousands of business owners across all types of industries. We encourage you to look through our references and testimonials and to contact us for recommendation letters. An internal review showed that our clients felt we delivered what we promised and would work with us again—facts we are proud of. We welcome the opportunity to put you in touch with past clients so you can ask them yourself.
Listen to our podcast on “Wildfires: Filing Property Insurance Claims for One of Nature’s Most Fearsome Foes” for tips from our experts:
For additional information, visit:
- “10 Things You Can Do To Make Disaster Recovery Go More Smoothly”
- “Public Adjusters vs Independent Adjusters”
- “Six Tips for the Six Days Following a Business Fire”