Welcome to Adjusters International
Founded in 1985, Adjusters International (AI) is a national leader in public insurance adjusting. We are proud to have more senior and certified public adjusters than any other organization of our kind. AI works exclusively for the policyholder to ensure maximum results from first-party property insurance and FEMA disaster recovery claims. Our singular focus is our clients' financial recovery in the aftermath of a devastating property loss.
Adjusters International has the experience, expertise, and resources to thoroughly investigate your loss; accurately prepare, document and submit your claim; and get a full, fair and timely settlement.
Our regional offices are located in:
Patrick W. Bickford, SPPA
President & CEO of AI-Colorado, Inc., a Founder and Director of AI, and a public adjuster with more than 35 years of experience in commercial & government property loss adjustment.
Jim Beneke, SPPA
A founding member of Adjusters International and third-generation public adjuster with 36 years of experience, primarily in commercial & multi-family property insurance claims.
Regional Director with 20 years of experience beginning in the construction industry and currently as a public adjuster.
Chief Operating Officer of AI-Colorado, Inc. with more than 12 years of experience as a public adjuster.
Flooding Resources for Those Affected by Texas and Oklahoma Storms
Many residents of Texas and Oklahoma were caught off-guard this week when deadly floods ravaged homes and businesses across both states. Our heartfelt sympathy goes out to those ...
Many residents of Texas and Oklahoma were caught off-guard this week when deadly floods ravaged homes and businesses across both states. Our heartfelt sympathy goes out to those who have watched their buildings and belongings wash away. We have compiled some resources that we hope will be helpful to those home and business owners who have been adversely affected by the storms:
- Live flood updates from The Weather Channel
- Protecting your home during severe weather from FEMA
- Instructions for using flood insurance and finding an agent from the NFIP
- Water and flooding safety instructions from the FDA
- Requesting assistance and/or shelter, finding loved ones and donation instructions from the American Red Cross
- CDC emergency preparedness and response information
- Texas Division of Emergency Management severe weather awareness information and instructions
- Oklahoma Department of Emergency Management preparedness and response information
After the floodwaters have cleared, many families and businesses will be dealing with extensive rebuilding and repairs for months to come and that rebuilding will not come cheaply. According to FloodSmart.gov, floods are not only the nation’s #1 natural disaster but they are also extremely expensive stating that, “From 2008 to 2012, the average flood claim amounted to nearly $42,000.”
According to Bruce Kabat, Chief Operations Officer at Adjusters International Colorado (with offices in both Texas and Oklahoma), the NFIP flood claim filing process can be extremely complicated, requiring an extensive level of detail regarding the scope of loss.
Our hearts go out to everyone who suffered as a result of this week’s tragic flooding in Texas and Oklahoma. We know that these storms have devastated properties throughout both states and that many residents will be faced with rebuilding their homes and businesses from the ground up. Our public adjusters are here to help you review your insurance coverage, develop a claim management strategy, and ensure that your Proof of Loss form is completed and filed in a timely manner. Please don’t hesitate to contact us with questions concerning your property insurance claim.
Chief Operations Officer & Public Adjuster at Adjusters International
For more information or to speak to a public adjuster at Adjusters International Colorado/Texas, visit www.ai-colorado.com or call 1-800-441-6263.
- Adjusting Today – Understand and Recovering from One of Nature’s Worst Disasters http://adjustersinternational.com/publications/adjusting-today/flood-understanding-recovering-one-natures-worst-disasters/
- Common Mistakes Made By Policyholders Following a Property Loss http://adjustersinternational.com/articles/common-mistakes-made-by-policyholders-following-a-property-loss/
- Four Signs You Need to Hire a Public Adjuster http://adjustersinternational.com/articles/four-signs-you-need-to-hire-a-public-adjuster/
Read full article
How is a Basketball Tournament like an Insurance Claim?
With this year’s college basketball tournament narrowing the field to sixteen teams, many fans have already thrown out their brackets… as their colleagues gain bragging rights for their ...
With this year’s college basketball tournament narrowing the field to sixteen teams, many fans have already thrown out their brackets… as their colleagues gain bragging rights for their superior performance in the office pool. What does a public adjusting firm know about basketball tournaments? Well, other than having fun watching these tightly contested games, we also know that this tournament is an awful lot like our profession — featuring highly trained specialists who work hard to achieve the best possible outcome for their teams. How else is public insurance adjusting like the finals in college basketball? Here are our thoughts on the matter:
- Most enjoy rooting for the underdog – When it comes to predicting the winners, it is wise to pick a certain amount of lower ranked teams to advance past the favorites. In property insurance claims, the policyholder may feel like David when dealing with Goliath insurance companies. When the insured adds a skilled public adjuster to their team, the odds for success are now back in their court.
- Preparation yields more wins – Over the course of the tournament, we all know that the Cinderella story may arise at any time. The smaller school can beat the favored school or the favored team might do as predicted and win. Having an advocate on your side from the beginning of your claim to assist with the preparations of your damages is a wise move. When filing insurance claims, policyholders who bring public adjusters on board usually enjoy better results at the end in terms of obtaining optimal settlements.
- Putting the wrong players out first can ruin the game – If coaches make a bad call and start by putting the wrong athletes out on the court, it can hurt their chances of gaining momentum and winning the game. When property loss occurs, many decisions are being made in the early stages of your claim. It’s important to know who’s who in the process. Do you have representation that is truly working with your best interest in mind? Is there a conflict if many of the individuals are working for you and the carrier? If home or business owners rely on the wrong players to handle their recovery, their claim may be mishandled making it more of a challenge to get your claim moving in the right direction.
- Teamwork leads to results – If basketball teams want to win the tournament, they need the most talented players and coaches. Those in the game must know their role and play together with a common goal. A strong claim consulting team regularly works in concert with one another as well. If policyholders want to get everything they’re owed under their policies, then hiring a reputable public adjusting firm, and all of their expert resources, will ensure that their claim is heading to a successful recovery!
While we hope that everyone enjoys the excitement of March basketball, we also hope that they will make the right call when dealing with a property loss by hiring a public adjuster.
Read full article